Tori's recipe for glazed turnips appears in the Winter 2004 edition of People Extra
Updated Mon, Nov 01, 2004 - 10:07pm ET
Andy reports that the Winter 2004 edition of the U.S. magazine People Extra includes Tori's recipe for glazed turnips. This issue features stories from celebrities about their favorite holiday memories and recipes. Click to see the recipe and the photo that was published with it.
The recipe appears on page 36. You can read the recipe below and see a scan of the photo that was published with the recipe. Thanks to Andy for sending me the photo and the recipe!
1. Place turnips in a large heavy pan and add butter, salt and pepper to taste, honey and water.
2. Cut a round of baking parchment to fit exactly over the turnips - or place a lid on slightly askew
3. Bring liquid to a boil over medium heat and then turn down to medium-low. Cook for about 20 minutes or until the water has reduced to a thick, shiny glaze in the bottom of the pan and the turnips are tender.
4. Place the turnips in a serving dish and spoon the glaze over them.
5. Garnish with a little fresh, chopped basil and serve.